Dear Members and Friends of Calvary,
Greetings in the wonderful name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! It is with great joy that I can share with you that we are now open for "in person" church services at 11:00 AM weekly.
We have been praying and seeking the wisdom of God about this important decision and feel very strongly that it is time for us to begin gathering as a church again.
I would like to list several precautions that we are taking to make sure that it will be safe for everyone who gathers with us.
1. We will be practicing social distancing with only families sitting together. Others will be 6 feet apart and with seating on every other row.
2. Cars will be parked in every other parking space.
3. In the early stages of our return, there will be no nursery or children's ministry.
4. Everyone will wear a mask. If you do not have a mask or have forgotten yours, the church will supply you with one.
5. We will not have a greeting time in the service. When we see each other, even though we would love to give handshakes and hugs, we will not. Greetings will be with words and fist and elbow bumps only.
6. We will not pass the offering plate. There will be clearly marked boxes at the exit doors of the auditorium.
7. At the conclusion of the service, we will dismiss one row at a time to prevent a log jam of people leaving at the same time. Please make sure that any fellowship you are having in the parking lot is at a safe social distance.
8. There will be sanitizing stations at each entrance of the building.
9. The foot traffic pattern for the services will be to enter from the parking lot through the glass doors and exit out the front doors by the street.
Let me share some other blessings which we can look forward to this Sunday and every Sunday:
1. God has promised to be with us and take care of us as we do His will.
2. We are looking forward to the blessing of being together as God commanded us in Heb. 10:24, 25!
3. The Holy Spirit will be with us as we worship the Lord together for the first time in nine weeks!
4. We will gather under the sound of the preaching of God's word and listen to His voice as He speaks to us, teaches us, encourages us, convicts us, and guides us!
5. We will know the blessing of being together as a church body. We have been the church "scattered" but this week we will get to be the church "gathered".
6. We will lift our voices in praise to Almighty God! We will sing the glorious songs of God together as a congregation.
7. We will pray together in unison in the power of the Holy Spirit as only the church can. (Acts 4:23-31)
8. We will have the blessing of giving our tithes and offerings for the ongoing support of our church and our missionaries. (I. Cor. 16:1, 2)
9. We will get to respond to the Lord in the invitation as He speaks to our hearts, teaches us, and convicts us.
WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY IT WILL BE!!!
It is important that we all follow the Lord's direction about coming back. We recognize that everyone will not feel that he is ready to gather like this. We don't want you to feel any pressure about being here on Sunday. We will continue to live stream the services on Facebook and www.cibc.org. Please follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit as you pray and seek God's will about this. For the safety of others, please do not come if you have been exposed to the virus or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath, or chills. Also, we are asking that those who are especially vulnerable not come at this time. This would include those whose immune system is compromised, those with chronic lung disease, or severe heart disease. Those of you who are elderly must also take great care at this time.
I love you and am praying for you and trusting God to grant us His grace as we move forward in obedience to His direction. Let us all remember the promise of God found in Isaiah 41:10, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
In Christ's great love and mine too,